Saturday, June 19, 2010

Down syndrome.

People often say how much they feel sorry for people who 'suffer' from Down syndrome. When I mention that Oscar has downs people often say something along the lines of "Oh, I'm so sorry" or "That must be so hard". I tell them different. Any one who knows and loves someone with Down syndrome know it is a true blessing! Yes, medical conditions can be scary, but, if you have faith in Gods will, He will give you strength to face WHATEVER happens.

When Oscar was born I questioned Why? Why, my little boy? Why should he have to suffer? Now I know different! Oscar was sent here to teach. Teach love, Teach joy, Teach the way God intended for us to live. Through Oscar, God has lead me to meeting some of the most amazing people. Honestly, it is these people who have opened my eyes to the Lord's ways of teaching and who have anabled me to answer the questiong, Why.

God works in marvolous ways, and did not make a mistake when giving Oscar an extra chromosome. The very thing that builds faith is to not question why, but to answer yes. Yes lord, I am willing to embrase the chalanges and joys of Down syndrome. Yes lord, I am willing to teach people that you do not make mistakes, You make individuals for the purpose they need to for fill in life.

One in 733 people are born with Down syndrome. People need to realize that they are the Lucky 1 in 733 people. The only thing that I am scared of is the way people treat persons with Down syndrome. It breaks my heart to think that one day I am going to send Oscar out into a world that people will not accept him for the beautiful person he is, because they do not understand. They do not understand that this is how God intended them to be! They do not understand just how much joy they bring to so many lives!

God doesnt make mistakes

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. I have a friend whose daughter was born with down syndrome, and she said finding out at birth was her greatest "miracle moment." May God continue to bless your perfect cousin. (Sorry! I assumed from the caring way you talked about him that he was your son. He is very blessed to have such a caring family member!)

    ReplyDelete