Monday, March 21, 2011

21.3

Well, really I am a day late, but, US time I'm still OK ;)

Today is an important day.

Down Syndrome.

The words I cried over not so long ago.

And now, we celebrate!



We are thankful for those two words that mean so little but so much at the same time.

Thankful for the JOY those words bring to my heart.


When Oscar was born he was given a label, "Unable"

Really? I feel like taking him back to that hospital and proving them wrong.

HE IS ABLE!

He CAN smile, he CAN giggle, he CAN love.



Today we celebrate you, Oscar!

And we celebrate Laura and Harley, Nella and Josiah, Jamie and Max and so many others blessed with an extra chromosome!

Chromosomes that were combined perfectly.

Chromosomes that make you unique and specail.

But, sweet boy, you will not be judged on your number of chromosomes.
Down syndrome does not define you.

You are a person with Down syndrome.
NOT a 'Down syndrome person'

People get things mixed up sometimes...

Like when they decided to call it 'Down syndrome', thats a bit silly huh?

I once saw on a sweet friends blog "They call it Down syndrome, I call THAT down right silly!"

I totally agree, baby boy :)



You are taking me on a journey I never thought I would go on...

You are taking me to Holland, and I ain't looking back, babe!



HAPPY WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment