Friday, December 17, 2010

SUPRISE :)

My first ever guest post (well besides Sarah who wrote in one of my posts;))
Meet my beautiful friend Shani! (Warning....you will need tissues if you are anything like me!!!!).....

My name is Shani King and I am lucky enough to call this amazing girl my friend. Through Taylah I have learnt that love, beauty and beautiful souls come in all shapes, sizes and most of all from many different types of upbringing in various places around the world. I have learnt so much about people with Down Syndrome and I have also been blessed enough to met Oscar who is a truly remarkable young man that just has a special little sparkle within him that makes you smile. I have also been introduced to princess Chrissie whose story inspired me and really helped me through a really tough time. And now I feel like, even though I never got to meet her in person, that she is in my heart and there she will stay.

I was not totally blind to special needs, having a few special people in my life but I wasn’t aware of how lucky one can be when given the gift of a child with Down Syndrome. Taylah has also told me time and time again that they are not looking for special treatment but acceptance. I am willing to give that, through Taylah I am going to help somehow. I am inspirited by what Taylah, Savanna, Makenzie and Ashley are doing with “to love the unloved”. These girls are helping the children who need it the most.

Someone else who helps people she doesn’t know is little Miss Chrissie. When I first heard of her I thought she was a member of Taylah’s family and I also thought she was Australian. I soon found out other wise and realised that Chrissie was just one of those people who can touch your heart in such a way that she seems like family. She made me laugh, love and cry and I love her gorgeous smile. I also attended Taylah’s Chrissie party and had a ball. It was amazing! We sang, laughed and cried together but not because we were sad, because we were happy.

I have recently fallen ill and the doctors have no idea what’s wrong. I have undergone many tests and a blessing that Taylah has let me use her “boss your heart’ necklace to get me through. I have never been very religious and I have never really prayed but with this necklace I really do feel like I now have one more guardian angel watching over me and I have prayed. It really is a miracle! Thinking and talking to Chrissie even when she does not physically respond, has helped me a lot and even stopped my fear in some of the scarier tests.

So this is my input. On a parting note I just wish to say: First I love you Taylah and Oscar, you are two very special people in my life. Second I am blown away by the “to love the unloved” girls and their dedication and love for Reece’s Rainbow. Finally, to the Patterson’s thank you. That is all I can say, thank you and god bless you all. One day I also wish to be as kind and loving as all of the beautiful people I have met through my gorgeous girl Taylah. I love you baby xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. That's so nice! :) Taylah you have great friends, I want to meet them one day! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope that everything turns out well for you <3 thank you so much for the kind words, we appreciate them so much!!

    and as for wanting to be as kind and loving as us.. it appears that you already are. :)

    ReplyDelete