Thursday, November 18, 2010

So I have alot to update y'all on.
Fisrt off my world vision day (speech day!)
It went really well and I had a ball :)
I was in the top 30 and we had 2 main groups (one morning the other in the afternoon)
We played some leadership games all together and got to know eachother a bit more.
Then we went off to do our speech in mini groups. I went really well (well, I didn't stand there and cry like I expected.) Because our group finished early we went and had some morning tea and then we went off to the next activity to play some more leadership games. That was super fun and we flew though them!
The off to our group interveiw! This was my favorite part of the day because I got to talk about Oscar, Chrissie and orphans. I think I changed the peoples hearts with Miss Chrissies story!
Then we were done! OVER :(
When I walked outside guess what was there?! A rainbow from Chrissie! How special to have a gift sent straight from heaven to ME! I feel so honored!
And there you have it... my world vision experiance (I hear back by Monday if I got into the next round)

Chrissie
The 19th of each month is a reminder to me of Chrissie's life. As the 19th of each month comes it has been another month since she left us to be with Jesus. Today Chrissie has been dancing with our heavenly father for an entire 6 months! Boy-oh-boy! How that time has flown. I feel like it was just yesterday I was reading blog posts about her adoption!
Oh, how I miss this precious little girl so much!
I never meet her, never hugges her, never kissed her but I LOVED her with all my heart! And when she left this world, my heart broke, shattered, crushed.
I turned against God for taking her away and not forfilling His promise. But He did! I was just too broken hearted to see it.
Chrissie, I am so happy that you are now healed and painfree! I am so glad that you are in Hevean, and I bet you are having the time of your life. These 6 months have been hard on the entire world becuase the entire world loves you so much baby! I wish I could have meet you while you were on this earth but I am so exited that we can meet and be together eternailly when Our Heveanly Father calls me home.
Untill then Chrissie, save me some brownie batter, baby girl!


Chrissie as an orphan. Lonley with NO hope... untill the Patterson's came along and gave her that hope


I LOVE how you were such a little doll and always loved dressing up and being such a girl!


You are such an amazing little princess!


You bought so many people to Christ in your hospital stay baby girl! You are such a warrior, and I am so proud of you!


This day, six months ago, we gave you back to God


Abby
When I started talking to Chrissie's sister, Mattie (one of my bast friends) she told me about a little girl called Abby Riggs. I had been following their blog for a while but when Mattie told me more I became head over heals in love with Miss Abby.
Abby has cancer and today SHE FINISHES CHEMO!!!!!!
2 and a half years of cancer... gone :)
Please pray for Miss Abby, that the cancer will NEVER come back!




Like Chrissie, Abby has touched thousands of lives in her battle with cancer! She sure is an amazing little girl and as come so far over the past 2 years!
And isn't she just a doll!
(Mattie is in the picture above with Abby. Mattie fundraised to help grant Abbys wish, which is to adopt a baby brother or sister :) Isn't Mattie BEAUTIFUL!)
You can visit the Riggs blog at...
www.riggsfamilyblog.com

Oscar
Oscar is still the same.... SORE still :(
But he is a very brave little boy and will get through this.
Please keep praying for my sweet baby boy. It is so hard to watch the person you love in pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment