Sunday, November 21, 2010

The 'unwanted' twin

Yesterday our facebook world was rocked when we found out about twins, one born with Down syndrome. The twin without Down's was taken home by his family and the twin with Down's was left at the hospital. Orphaned.
Could you please pray for this precious little child, who without a family will not reach his pottential in life.

After hearing about this baby I realised just how bad people veiw Down syndrome!
If only they knew what a blessing it is to have someone blessed with an extra chromosome in your life!
If I could go through each cell of Oscar's body and take out that extra 21st chromosome I WOULDN'T!
If I could go through my body and add an extra 21st chromosome, I probebly would:)

Why is it that people see a life full of joy and love and happiness as a burden?

I can easily say that having a family member with Down syndrome is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me!

I wish the world knew... alot of children would be born and alot more children would have loving familys!

It honestly makes me sick to see the way people veiw Down syndrome!
Each and every time I take Oscar some where people stare, people are affraid... Just because he is differant!
It breaks my heart to think that I am one day going to send Oscar out into a world that doesn't accept him for who he is!

Please pray for not only 'the unwanted baby' but also the world... for them to open their eyes and see what a blessing Down syndrome really is!

Be blessed xo

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe that that family left him at the hospital! That just makes me sick! I will be praying for him and hopes that a family will be able to take him and give him the love that he needs. That just breaks my hearth that people are that rude!

    ReplyDelete