Monday, August 2, 2010

40 hour famine!

The 40 hour famine is where you give up something for 40 hrs and collect donations to give to world vision (helps out feeding, schooling and sheltering kids in 3rd world countrys)

If you know me you know I LOVE to talk! Which is why I am giving up talking for a full 40 hrs! YES! It will be hard but God is there to help and I want to challange myself :)

This is a great organisation! We find it a challange to give something up for a small 40 hrs to help others, others that are going without EVERY SINGLE DAY! (which is why I am chossing something that will truly challange me)

I have only decided to organsize all this over the past 24 hrs and I dont have much time to organsize it all, but today God worked his magic and already I have over 50 people ready to go without for others!

God is great!

So, the famine starts at 8pm, friday the 20th of August and finishes noon, Sunday the 22nd!

Are you willing to go without for the sake of a dying child?

No comments:

Post a Comment