Friday, September 24, 2010

I don't mind one bit!

Oscar,
I don't mind we have to wait a little longer for you to walk,
or talk,
or crawl,
or ride a bike,
or learn to write your name.
I don't mind we have to wait a little longer for your first day of school,
or go to the toilet,
or cross the road alone,
or say you love us.
I don't mind we have to wait a little longer for you to play an insturment,
or a sport,
or open the cupboard doors and make a huge mess.
I don't mind that we have to wait for you to run and greet us at the drive way,
or be able to pick up a peice of toast and eat it alone.
Really, sweet boy I do not mind one little bit!

When someones child grows up, they often say "Oh, my baby is growing up so fast!" and they are sad about it. Well Oscar, we are lucky because we have our little baby for longer!

I don't mind waiting, because I know that one day you WILL reach all those mile stones and it will be one big huge celebration! It will fill our souls with joy and love and pride, and that is something truly special!

Thank you, Oscar, for teaching us patiance, as well as so much more!

I don't mind waiting, precious angel, becuase in the mean time, we will embrace the joys, blessings, and challanges that you are close to overcoming :)



I love you Oscar!

1 comment: