Saturday, October 2, 2010

Start at the Start

It is day four of blogging everyday for the entire month :-)
Sorry I missed the first few days....I am sure I will make it up with many extra posts.
So for my 2nd (should be 4th)post I wanted to start from the start...
What is Down Syndrome?
We have 23 pairs of chromosomes in our body, which makes a total of 46.
Got me so far? No? OK....
Chromosome #1....Chromosome #1
Chromosome #2....Chromosome #2
Chromosome #3....Chromosome #3
And so on...
People, wait, angels with Down Syndrome have the same but when it gets to Chromosome #21 it is like this...
Chromosome #21....Chromosome #21....Chromosome #21
That is all it is! One extra bit of genes :)
See, more alike then differant huh?

Angels with Down Syndrome often have some physical charcteristics including,
~A larger space between the first and second toe


~A line down the center of the plam
(Dont have a picture as Oscar doesn't have it!)

~Beautiful Almond shaped eyes


Although these are common, like anyone, they are compleatly unique! :-)


Happy day 4 :-)

"We are more alike then differant!" ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment